Saturday 30 June 2012

A kind of Camouflage

I'm getting in to the habit of taking quick shots of my prints in progress, mainly to provide a stack of content from which to choose for my upcoming website.  (There, now I've said it. )  It's handy to have  a visual record of prints evolving, noting all the changes that occur en route only to disappear beneath the finished piece.  On viewing, these shots can take on a life of their own and become (for me), like an experimental painting.  Masking layers off and lifting out shapes from sticky back plastic to screen on another colour, I'd never remember what went on under there..


The crowd scene peeking through this fluro yellow sheen makes me want to ditch the illustration and continue building this figurative camouflage that's appeared.  Unintentional and unexpected.. it's random appearance makes me like it even more.